December 12th and 13th (Arrival/departure times TBA)
An overnight campout at Camp Carpenter.
Your SPL will send information regarding arrival and departure times.
What will we do?
- Plan to cook supper on an open fire.
- Ramp up your wood tools skills (axe, saw, and knives)
- Demonstrate first aid skills for injuries associated with cooking, wood tools, and winter camping.
- Build a pioneering gadget using lashing and staves.
- Play games in the woods.
Due to the limited number of Scouts allowed, this will be a “one patrol” event, and the SPL will act as the Patrol Leader.
How to Prepare:
- Each scout will sleep in their own tent. It is preferred you sleep in a backpacking “style” tent or hammock.
- Talk with your Patrol Leader / SPL if you are interested in serving as Quartermaster for this event.
- Make sure you have a head lamp (preferred) or flashlight.
- Dress for cold weather with layers. Your sleeping bag needs to be appropriate for 15 degree weather. If not, consider bringing extra quilt/blanket. You MUST have a foam pad or insulation under your bag.
- For sleeping you SHOULD have a head cover.